Call for 2018 Fall Conference Papers and Sessions
THE NEW MEXICO JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Call for 2018 Fall Conference Papers and Sessions: “Expressing Jewish Identities: Challenges and Accomplishments” November 10-11, 2018 Albuquerque, N.M.
Click on this link for a PDF format of this post: ABQ 2018 NMJHS Conference Call
The New Mexico Jewish Historical Society invites individuals, groups, organizations, and institutions to submit proposals to present papers or program panel sessions related to the 2018 Conference topic.
The conference will focus on four broad themes:
1. Judaism and the Arts in New Mexico: Literature, Fine Arts, and/or Performing Arts
2. Jewish Political Activism and Social Justice
3. Jews and Communities: Religious, Secular, Educational and/or Cultural
4. Jewish Identities: Acculturation and Assimilation Other related topics will be considered. Proposals that relate to the 19th/20th century Ashkenazic community and/or the Sephardic/crypto Jewish community are welcome.
ndividual speakers should plan for 30 minutes and panel sessions should be no longer 60 minutes in length, including time for Q&A with the audience.
Proposal Guidelines and Submission:
The Conference Program Planning Committee requests that interested individuals or panelists submit a proposal that includes the following:
1. Proposed Session Title;
2. Proposed Session Format: Individual speaker or panel session;
3. Proposed Name(s) and Titles of Presenter(s);
4. Proposed Length of Session;
5. Proposed Presentation Summary and/or Objectives of Presentation(s): approximately 150 – 200 words;
6. Executive Resumes or Curriculum Vitae of Speaker(s);
7. Audio Visual Requirements, Availability TBD;
8. Contact information, including mailing address, daytime or mobile telephone, and email address.
To learn more about the New Mexico Jewish Historical Society visit:
To ask questions about proposals, contact:
Jeff Brown Betty Harvie Chair, Conference Program Co-Chair, Conference Arrangements email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Richard Melzer Co-Chair, Conference Program email@example.com
Please Send Electronic Copies of Proposal Submissions to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR (3) Hard Copies to:
2018 Fall Conference c/o The New Mexico Jewish Historical Society
5520 Wyoming Ave. NE Albuquerque, N.M. 87109
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Postmarked by Monday, March 19, 2018
NOTIFICATION OF PROPOSAL ACCEPTANCE WILL BE SENT APPROXIMATELY: April 16-20, 2018 All Speakers and Panel Members MUST register for the Conference. In addition, we strongly encourage speakers to NOT read papers or read extensively from Power Point, if used.